The Student Processing Inventory and Eclectic Teaching Approach | Good Sensory Learning
This publication offers a researched approach to accommodating neurodiverse learners as well as teacher training materials. It also offers an assessment tool called the Student Processing Inventory (formally called the Eclectic Learning Profile).
Introducing the new digitized Student Processing Inventory (SPI) - formally the Eclectic Learning Profile (ELP): Empowering Education and Inclusion
Unlocking the Potential of Every Learner
Are you ready to revolutionize education and quickly create inclusive learning environments that embrace neurodiversity? Look no further than the Student Processing Inventory (SPI). Our powerful assessment tool, backed by years of research and expertise, is here to transform the way educators, parents, professionals, and students approach learning.
What is SPI?
The SPI is a cutting-edge assessment designed to reimagine education and empower educators with valuable insights into their students' processing profiles. Built upon a strong foundation of evidence-based practices, SPI offers comprehensive reporting and group analytics that serve as the backbone for fostering personalized learning experiences.
Why Choose SPI?
- Research-Based Approach: With over two decades of refining and adapting our approach in-person, we draw from the latest educational theories, including information processing, multiple intelligences, cognitive styles, differentiated instruction, and Universal Design for Learning. This ensures that our assessments and reports cater to the diverse needs of every student.
- Comprehensive Processing Reports: Gain a deep understanding of each student's unique learning processes. Armed with this knowledge, educators can confidently design lessons that resonate with individual preferences, empowering students to thrive in their learning journey.
- Online Teacher Dashboard and Tailorable Group Reports: Enter our comprehensive online dashboard to embrace and accommodate the diversity within your classroom. Quickly tailor your instruction and assignments to accommodate the collective preferences of your students, creating an engaging and inclusive learning environment.
- Web-Based Training on Neurodiverse Teaching: Education never stops evolving, and neither do we. SPI provides audio and video-based training, equipping educators with expert instruction on effective techniques for supporting students with diverse learning needs. In addition, downloadable handouts guide teachers to engaging lessons and neurodiverse assignment suggestions.
For Teachers, Learning Specialists, Tutors & Therapists
Teachers, learning specialists, tutors, and therapists can take the assessment to discover more about themselves and expand their methods of practice. In addition, they can use this instrument to reveal comfortable and empowering compensatory strategies to teach to each of their students/clients. Private practices often use this instrument in initial consultations. It can be utilized as an effective tool to assess family profiles so that parents can also develop empathy for their child’s unique ways of processing, and they can walk away with handouts that offer comprehensive lists of recommendations that can be implemented at school and at home. It also offers materials and support so that teachers can assess and accommodate a whole classroom of learners.
Teachers have reported that:
• It’s helpful to use the SPI and incorporate many learning modalities when teaching.
• It’s helpful to realize that the students’ processing styles may be different from that of the teacher.
• By surveying the processing styles of a classroom at the beginning of the year, lesson plans and activities can be developed to complement the various learning strengths and styles identified in the students.
• By being sensitive to the different processing styles of the classroom, more students can be taught effectively.
• It’s helpful to have practical suggestions as to how to teach students with various ways of learning.