Where Can I Learn More about Working Memory?
What Makes Up Working Memory?
- Sensory Memory enables one to briefly retain the environmental information that enters cognition through our senses.
- Short-Term Memory then holds a small amount of information in an active, usable state.
- Central Executive, at the same time, directs attention and allocates priority to the two following processing activities:
- Visual-Spatial Sketchpad visualizes input in an internal visual and spatial form and then sends and receives information to and from the long-term memory.
- Phonological Loop manages, processes, repeats (as an inner voice) written and auditory material and also communicates with the long term memory.
- Episodic Buffer acts as a stage and storage device that shares information with the long-term memory, the visual-spatial sketchpad, and the phonological loop.
- Long-Term Memory is responsible for the storage of memories for an extended time.
Why Should Working Memory Be Tested?
How Can I Test My Working Memory?
Evaluation of one's working memory is often a part of a comprehensive psychoeducational evaluation. However, what if you would like to see whether working memory is in fact a weakness without having to go through the time and expense? I am now offering an affordable executive functioning screener that offers a 20 item questionnaire. It reviews the common weaknesses associated with working memory problems as indicated in the literature and research. It's a qualitative assessment that can help to pinpoint areas that need remedial attention and can be used to define further testing.
Do You Offer any Other Tests or Screeners?
Where Can I Find Remedial Materials to Strengthen Working Memory?
Cheers, Dr. Erica Warren
Dr. Erica Warren is the author, illustrator, and publisher of multisensory educational materials at Good Sensory Learning. She is also the director of Learning to Learn and Learning Specialist Courses.
- Blog: https://learningspecialistmaterials.blogspot.com/
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/warrenerica1
- Store: http://www.Goodsensorylearning.com/
- Courses: http://www.learningspecialistcourses.com/
- Newsletter Sign-up: https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/69400 You will need to enter your email address to sign up for our mailing list.
- Email address: email@example.com