Camps for Dyslexia
Why Consider a Camp for Dyslexia?
Kids with dyslexia often feel different and insecure about their different ways of learning. However, when they can attend camps with other likeminded children, they often find a community of supportive friends that share similar stories. In addition, they can learn more about their specific strengths and weaknesses and develop advocacy skills. Furthermore, many camps also offer remedial support, so that students can take a leap forward in learning over the summer months. Here are a few of my favorite comp options.
Camp/Summer Program Location
- The Yale Center for Dyslexia and Creativity - Massachusetts
- Camp Spring Creek - North Carolina
- The Gow School Summer Program - New York
- Landmark School Camp - Massachusetts
- Ridgewood Learning Camp - New York
- Brehm Summer Scenarios - Illinois
- PRIDE Learning Center Reading Camp - California
- Durango Mountain Camp - Colorado
- Dunnabeck at Kildonan - Connecticut
- Eagle Hill Summer Program - Massachusetts
- Grand River Summer Academy - Ohio
- Linden School Summer Program - Toronto, Ontario
- Rocky Mountain Camp - Colorado
- Horizon Academy Summer Programs - Kansas
Come back soon to view our ever-expanding list of and links to free resources.