Higher Order Language Learning Bundle
Higher-order language skills refers to the ability to summarize information, make inferences, understand multiple meanings, comprehend non-literal meanings, glean the main idea, and predict outcomes. It goes beyond basic vocabulary, word form, and grammar skills, and it is critical to academic and social success.
When a child has difficulty with higher-order language, the following are often observed:
- Difficulty making connections and associations between words, sentences, or stories
- Challenges with oral and written comprehension
- Poor or disjointed writing skills
- Trouble understanding jokes, riddles, and humor
- Difficulty understanding abstract concepts
- Trouble with figurative language and implied meaning
The Higher-Order Language Learning Bundle offers a number of publications at a discount that can help strengthen these abilities. This bundle includes:
- Hey, What's the Big Idea?
- Abstract Thinking and Multiple Meanings
- Following Directions Intermediate
- Word Shuffle: Focus on the advanced level of the game that works on figurative language.
- Categorizing, Paragraph Building and Transitional Words Activities
- Making Inferences the Fun and Easy Way
We Also Recommend
Reversing Reversals Primary | Dyslexia | Good Sensory Learning
Regular price $ 17.99 USD $ 17.99 USD