Working Memory Workshop
When you select the red button to purchase this course, you will be sent to my courses website: www.LearningSpecialistCourses.com
Did you know that working memory is a better indicator of academic success than IQ? In this workshop, Dr. Erica Warren covers the definition of working memory, a breakdown of the cognitive processing functions, and strategies for success. You will have access to the course for 365 days. Here is an outline of the event
- What is working memory?
- Sensory input, sensory memory, and short term memory
- A. Braddeley's conception of working memory
- Central executive
- Visuospatial sketchpad
- Phonological loop
- Episodic buffer
- Long term memory
- A short video of researcher Alan Braddeley explaining the episodic buffer
- Purpose of working memory
- How working memory utilizes executive functioning
- Model problems
- Symptoms of working memory problems
- My free screener
- Why working memory is important
- Working memory throughout life
- Types of memory strategies that help with working memory
- Ways to develop and strengthen working memory
- GSL products that exercise and develop working memory.
The course also offers a selection of downloadable handouts.
CLICK HERE to view all my workshops and courses.
We Also Recommend
Create a Successful Learning Specialist Practice | Good Sensory
Spelling Instruction| Remedial Approach | Good Sensory Learning