Over the years, I have found that students struggle remembering how to find multiples as well as least common multiples. Somehow the wording doesn't cue them into the process that they must execute to solve the math problems. As a result, I continually associate multiples with millipedes and use the alliteration, multiple millipedes to help them recall and even visualize the process.
Multiples and Least Common Multiples Made Easy
To make the process easier, I have created a new publication (a document and PowerPoint) - Multiples and LCM Made Easy with Millipedes. This product includes a PowerPoint lesson, as well as a comprehensive document that includes embedded memory strategies, step by step instruction, practice problems, a coloring activity, and an interactive game so that students can receive the practice they need while having fun. Now students can learn the concept once and continue to remember the process over time.
Click Here to learn more.
Cheers, Dr. Erica Warren
Dr. Erica Warren is the author, illustrator, and publisher of multisensory educational materials at Good Sensory Learning. She is also the director of Learning to Learn and Learning Specialist Courses.
- Blog: https://goodsensorylearning.com/blogs/news
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/warrenerica1
- GSL Blog: https://goodsensorylearning.com/blogs/news
- Stores: www.GoodSensoryLearning.com/
- Courses: http://www.learningspecialistcourses.com/
- Newsletter Sign-up: https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/694000