Three Fun Ways to Strengthen Visual Tracking Skills for Reading:
2. Find a magazine article and ask the student to circle or highlight the letters of the alphabet as they scan the text from left to right. Again, they do not have to be able to read the text that you select. Double check their work for accuracy.
3. For a greater challenge, pre-read the text and pull some words out of the text that then create a new sentence that the student must locate. These must be words the student can recognize, and the student must find the words in the text in the same sequence presented.
Would you Like Ready Made Materials for Tracking and Visual Processing?
For more great strategies and fun activities that strengthen visual tracking skills, check out my
Cheers, Dr. Erica Warren
Dr. Erica Warren is the author, illustrator, and publisher of multisensory educational materials at Good Sensory Learning. She is also the director of Learning to Learn and Learning Specialist Courses.
- Blog: https://goodsensorylearning.com/blogs/news
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/warrenerica1
- GSL Blog: https://goodsensorylearning.com/blogs/news
- Stores: www.GoodSensoryLearning.com/
- Courses: http://www.learningspecialistcourses.com/
- Newsletter Sign-up: https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/694000