Inferences can be a tricky concept to master when students move from concrete to abstract ways of thinking. However, learning implied meaning does not have to be difficult. It fact, it can be fun and memorable!
What are Inferences?
Inferences are a common literary device that requires the reader or listener to imply meaning from evidence or known facts. It is a conclusion that is drawn or implied from a hidden message.
What's the Secret to Making Inferences the Fun and Easy Way?
This colorful workbook, available as a digital download, uses a number of creative techniques to introduce this concept to students. In fact, the whole publication has it's own inference or hidden message that guides each student to socially conscious decisions. This workbook offers:
- advertisements from around the world that all offer implied meaning
- activities that explore the hidden meanings in product names
- inference word games
- activities that investigate inferences in metaphors
- sentences with embedded inferences
If you would like to learn more about this product, click on the image or CLICK HERE.
Cheers, Dr. Erica Warren
Dr. Erica Warren is the author, illustrator, and publisher of multisensory educational materials at Good Sensory Learning and Dyslexia Materials. She is also the director of Learning to Learn and Learning Specialist Courses.
- Blog: https://learningspecialistmaterials.blogspot.com/
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/warrenerica1
- GSL Blog: https://goodsensorylearning.com/blogs/news
- Stores: www.GoodSensoryLearning.com/ & www.DyslexiaMaterials.com
- Courses: http://www.learningspecialistcourses.com/
- Newsletter Sign-up: https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/694000