Many students are facing midterms from December - January. With the holiday season upon us, it can be difficult for many students to properly prepare for these looming exams.
What are the Five Secrets to Acing Midterms?
- Estimating the amount of time it will take to prepare for midterms for each class.
- Filling in a blank calendar with all the study times allocated.
- Creating a study plan for each course. This might include putting information on index cards, creating study sheets, predicting essay questions, entering exam content into sites like Quizlet, planning out appointments with teachers, or creating study groups.
- Past tests
- Social media
- Eat a healthy meal and avoid sugar and processed foods the day of the exam can assure that your attentionals skills and stamina are optimized.
- Calm your mind by visualizing the grade you hope to achieve and make sure to make a conscious effort to relax your body and breathe. If you would like to learn more about managing test anxiety, come read my blog post: 12 Strategies for Overcoming Test Anxiety.
I hope you found this blog helpful.
Cheers, Dr. Erica Warren
· Blog: https://learningspecialistmaterials.blogspot.com/
· YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/warrenerica1
· Podcast: https://godyslexia.com/
· Store: http://www.Goodsensorylearning.com/
· Courses: http://www.learningspecialistcourses.com/
· Newsletter Sign-up: https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/69400