How Do Executive Functioning Weaknesses Manifest in School?
Some common ways executive functioning problems manifest in school are:
- losing materials
- forgetting to turn in assignments
- leaving things to the last minute
- miscalculating or underestimating the amount of time it will take to complete a task
- failing to record homework in an agenda or planner
- leaving needed materials at school, leaving needed materials at home
- failing to prepare for tests, failing to plan and break down long-term assignments into manageable tasks or goals
- neglecting to plan for midterms or finals, missing assignments
- forgetting details
- losing focus and missing important notes or directions
- losing mental stamina and failing to complete a task
- misplacing important materials, rushing through work.
Are There Any Tools Teachers Can Use to Strengthen Executive Functioning Skills?
Here is a YouTube Video on Executive Functioning
Dr. Erica Warren is the author, illustrator, and publisher of multisensory educational materials at Good Sensory Learning. She is also the director of Learning to Learn and Learning Specialist Courses.
- Blog: https://goodsensorylearning.com/blogs/news
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/warrenerica1
- GSL Blog: https://goodsensorylearning.com/blogs/news
- Stores: www.GoodSensoryLearning.com/
- Courses: http://www.learningspecialistcourses.com/
- Newsletter Sign-up: https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/694000