They have expressed confusion over the terms: literary devices, literary terms, literary elements and figurative language, and they also struggle with the many definitions.
What are Literary Devices, Literary Terms, Literary Elements and Figurative Language?
- Literary Devices are creative writing strategies used by an author to convey his or her message(s). When used well, literary devices help readers to visualize, interpret and analyze literary texts. There are two kinds: literary techniques (which includes figurative language) and literary elements.
Related Product: Teaching Visualization for Learning Bundle
Related Product: Higher Order Language Learning Bundle
Related Product: Abstract Thinking Multiple Meanings | Higher Order Language Skills
- Literary Techniques are words or phrases in texts of literature that writers use to achieve artistic or creative expression. Literary techniques also help readers to visualize, understand and appreciate literature.
- Literary Elements are components or pieces that make up a story or literary work.
- Figurative Language is the creative use of words and phrases that offers a hidden meaning beyond any literal interpretation.
How Can Students Understand The Global Concept?
Click Here to download a free copy of this image.
Dr. Erica Warren is the author, illustrator, and publisher of multisensory educational materials at Good Sensory Learning. She is also the director of Learning to Learn and Learning Specialist Courses.
- Blog: https://goodsensorylearning.com/blogs/news
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/warrenerica1
- GSL Blog: https://goodsensorylearning.com/blogs/news
- Stores: www.GoodSensoryLearning.com/
- Courses: http://www.learningspecialistcourses.com/
- Newsletter Sign-up: https://app.convertkit.com/landing_pages/694000